- Day One
January 25, 2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Introducción a OSHA / Introduction to OSHA
- OSHA Enfoque en Cuatro Peligros / OSHA Focus Four Hazards
- Caídas / Falls
- Electrocución / Electrocution
- Golpes por Objetos / Struck By Objects
- Atrapado entre Objetos / Caught Between Objects
- Day Two
January 26, 2019
7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Equipo de Protección Personal / PPE
- Peligros de Salud en Construcción / Health Hazards in Construction
- Excavación y Zanjas / Trenching and Excavations
- Manejo de Materiales - Seguridad en Montacargas / Materials Handling - Forklift Safety
- Herramientas Eléctricas y Manuales / Hand and Power Tool
- Prevención de Accidentes / Accident Prevention (Optional)
Reduce the financial risk for the employer
Establish a safe work environment for the Spanish speaking individual
…Meet The Requirement!
“Hispanic or Latino workers accounted for 19 percent of all fatal occupational injuries in the United States in 2015. Hispanic or Latino workers that incurred a work-related fatality were represented in the majority of the occupational groups in 2015… The three largest of these occupational groups represented almost 65 percent of the total among Hispanics or Latinos…” U.S. DOL, Bureau of Labor Statistics…
…and of the three occupational groups, construction has the most fatal injuries for Foreign-born or Latino workers in construction and extraction, and among construction trade workers.
This two-day certification course is presented by constructNET International in collaboration with Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC), in Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada. It is scheduled to minimize the time the employee is away from work.
Instructor: Alberto Oceguera is an authorized Outreach Trainer with the Western OSHA Education Center at Arizona State University. He is a Native Spanish speaker with over 15 years of safety management and training in the construction and mining industries. An OSHA Instructor since 2012, Alberto is uniquely qualified to present the course in Spanish and in English (read more).
Venue: CPLC Engagement Center